Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

Day 10 - It's Friday, friday, Gotta get down on Friday

So, I woke up, went to get breakfast, stopped to buy a couple of t-shirts, and got a call from a dear friend at home, had a very fun talk with all his kids, got teary eyed because I miss them all quite a lot. Talking on the phone with a 4 year old is quite an experience :)
Anyway, got some breakfast at the rooftop restaurant I visited the first day in Delhi, and got back to the hotel.
On the way I contemplated the India way of life. Why they drive like they do, why they act like they do, and I think it all comes down to income, and time left to spend on the future. When all you have is today, and surviving it, bringing food to the table for your children, and getting by, you don't have time or energy to think about the future, or about other people. You need to get somewhere, so you just do what you need to do in order to get there. You need to honk like crazy to get through? you just do that. You need to scam people, and tell them you're a doctor, or a travel agent? you do that. Whatever gets you through the day.

And I completely understand that. Doing everything which it takes in order to make a living. It's kind of sad, but that seems to be life here. Children as young as 6 seem to be working instead of going to school. That's sad, but that's life. I wanted to take a photo, but I felt bad doing that. It felt like an invasion to privacy, so I chose to just walk by. But there's a family on the street which I take to get to the main bazaar, two young girls, about 6 and 9, and their mother, selling something I can't explain, which looks like dirt. They're there all day, so the kids obviously don't go to school. Sad.

Anyway, after contemplating that, I went back to the hotel room, chilled for a bit, and then went out to get some lunch.
This was going on in the street:

Pretty fun :)

After lunch, I fell asleep, got up just in time for the Shabbat meal at the Chabad house, which was absolutely awesome, we had a great time, just talking, arguing, laughing, and just having a great time until about 11pm, when I called it a night, went back to my room, and currently I'm writing these lines, slightly drunk.
Overall, not a bad day at all.

Tomorrow I want to get to the Lotus Bahai temple, and then to a guided walking tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment